My five favourite skincare products at the moment are:
Origins Out of Trouble 10 minute mask
Origins Drink up Intensive Overnight mask
Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair
Simple Light Moisturiser
& Good 'ole Savlon!
As you can probably see from the above photograph I'm much more of a nighttime skincare person than daytime, I love the nighttime routine of cleansing the daily grime from my face, brushing my teeth and then slathering on some potions and lotions before I hop into bed on a night sleeping easy in the fact that I know the products will be working double time to make my face look as though I've had the full 8 hours sleep although i'll probably only have had about 5 and a half!
I've had said to me more than a few times:
"Rosie you take longer getting ready to go to bed than you do getting ready to go on a night out!"
I live by the rule that the longer you take on your skincare routine the less makeup you will need to rely on, as if you have a good base then hey presto, who needs to cover that pretty little face up!?
So, Estee Lauder's Advanced Night Repair serum is one of the "cult products" which I have well and truly fell into the trap for, I was lucky enough to purchase this large bottle with my Boots Advantage card points (4 points per £1 ladies! - Sign up if you haven't already!)
It's Suzie from Hello October's fault that I love this product as she mentioned it a lot in her blog and youtube videos, so I went along to the counter in Boots and got myself a small bottled sample (which I still use to decant this monstrosity into when I go on holiday / weekends away!)
Simple's light moisturiser, as simple and "boring" as it is, is wonderful, it is literally the only moisturiser that keeps my skin from going shiny before lunchtime and it also doesn't break me out which is always a huge plus!
Savlon is a good one for when you feel a pesky spot creeping up when you're taking your make up off. In this situation, before I went to bed that night I'd double cleanse, tone, serum, pop a dap of savlon on and then slather my face in Simple's night cream and by the morning the spot will be a distant memory!
I got the Drink up Intensive Overnight mask from a gift set last Christmas from my Mam and I love it, it smells delicious it's like putting fresh peach all over your face, it takes everything in me to try not to eat it! I always wake up the morning after using this with lovely plumped up skin that is ready to take on a day of full face "matte" make up
Origins' Out of Trouble mask was a little bugger to get my hands on! I must have went to every Origins kiosk in Newcastle for about 4 or 5 months before I got my hands on one! I love this mask as it smells like it is going to clean the hell out of your skin, which it certainly does! I only put it on problem areas and leave it on for the recommended time... (read: two episodes of Coronation Street, yes i'm THAT girl) and although it doesn't get rid of the spots it certainly calms them down a lot.
Are you also a nighttime routine person? What's your routine?
xx
No comments:
Post a Comment