Friday, 15 June 2012

Six Current Favourites...

Hey everyone! :)

Thought i'd give you a run down on my favourite things which I just couldn't dream of living without at this EXACT moment in time!

L-R: Loreal Hot&Straight straightening cream, Loreal Volume Million Lashes Luminizer mascara in 'Hazel Eyes', Simple Moisturising Facewash, Body Shop coconut scented perfume oil, Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua SPF 15 (in Beige 20) and Lee Stafford Hotshots.
These six items cover the basics of haircare, beauty, skincare and scent. Basically these items showcase "me in a nutshell".

Simple Moisturising Facewash

This Simple face wash is definitely my favourite at the moment, it totally cleanses my skin of all make up and general daily grime and doesn't leave my skin feeling so tight that I need to moisturise straight away or greasy so that I need to wash it with another cleanser. This seems to be the perfect balance for my skin (which is mainly oily/prone to blemishes, by the way).

Loreal Volume Million Lashes Luminizer mascara in 'Hazel Eyes', Body Shop coconut scented perfume oil & Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua SPF 15 (in Beige 20)

I have to admit that this mascara has to be my joint favourite with a particular Maybelline mascara (The colossal volume effect). I think that getting this mascara in the shade which matches your eyes does absolute wonders for opening your eyes and making the most of the subtle colours, I may purchase the green one soon as my eyes are hazel but some days they seem to be more green which i just simply adore. This mascara looks good just on the bottom lashes with black mascara on the top lashes, it totally widens the eyes and gives you the famous "innocent, doe-eyed" look; which let's face it... everybody wants to accomplish at some point in their life.. right?

The coconut perfume oil is my signature scent, unless i'm having a big night out where I wear my Emporio Armarni perfume, coconut is ususally what I smell of day-to-day. I just love it, it reminds me of being on holiday when I was young (even though I hated suncream, this is probably what the smell reminds me of!), happy and totally carefree!

This Chanel foundation has to be one of the best thing i've ever spent my Boots Advantage card points on, no money out of my pocket, just a little treat for myself! It's light/medium coverage and is perfectly fine for throughout the day but if I wanted to wear it for a night out i'd mix it with another foundation which is more substantial in coverage. The SPF really helps out throughout the day too, killing two birds with one stone! Flawless skin and protected skin! I read somewhere that Mollie King of the Saturdays is a big fan of this foundation also!

Loreal Hot&Straight straightening cream & Lee Stafford Hot Shots.

I've had this Hot&Straight straightening cream for a while now but just hadn't got around to using it, however I seen a review on HelloOctober's tumblr and decided i'd start using it, I put it on when my hair is damp and then blow dry it straight. Since I've started using it I have had more compliments on my hair than usual for it looking long and in good condition, which is always a plus!!

The Lee Stafford Hotshots were an idea I got from my younger sister, she had blonde hair when she was 13/14 and used these to tone down the brassiness and yellow that may have been in her hair post-appointment. They really work and brighten up your blonde they're amazing! Slightly pricey but definitely worth it! You use them every other wash but personally, I just use them when i'm having a big night out with the girls and I know that i'm going to be photographed a lot!

So these are my (current!) absolute favourite items!
What are the products that you can't live without? I'd love to hear and then maybe even try some out for myself!
Ro x

4 comments:

  1. You haven't updated in a while, and it's such a great blog, come back :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks great post going to try the simple face wash xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely worth trying! I still love it now! :)

      Delete